We're back again to share a delicious chicken dinner with you that features The Classic Blend. You might say, "Chicken? Chicken can be so boring!" Enter...B.O.B.S. Spice Blends! The Classic Blend is a pantry staple to add flavour to any dish.
The recipe below is a great 'make ahead' recipe to serve during the week or to keep on hand for weekend dinners. This is a 2 step recipe where you need to marinate the chicken for 6 hours before cooking it. Try marinating the chicken at night or before work so that it is ready to go for dinner time!
Click here to view and easily print the recipes!
CLASSIC BBQ CHICKEN
1/3 cup B.O.B.S. Classic Blend
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
1 recipe Classic Barbecue Sauce* (see recipe below)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the B.O.B.S. Classic Blend, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar and lemon zest to make a marinade. Set aside.
- Wash the chicken thighs in cold water and then place them into the marinade bowl.
- Using your hands (use gloves if desired), rub the paste into the chicken until each thigh is fully coated in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken for at least 6 hours to marinate.
- After marinating, preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and then set a rack over top.
- Place the marinated chicken thighs skin side up on the rack. Discard the garlic cloves with the extra marinade.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then turn the chicken over to bake for another 20 minutes. The internal temperature should be 170°F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, baste with Classic Barbecue Sauce and bake for 5 minutes. Repeat with the other side.
- Serve remaining Classic Barbecue Sauce at table .
- Always wash and sanitize hands, utensils and sink after touching raw chicken
- Classic BBQ Chicken may also be BBQd by placing chicken on indirect heat using same temperature and time frame
CLASSIC BARBECUE SAUCE
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup ketchup
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp B.O.B.S. Classic Blend
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sweat until onion is transparent.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn temperature to low and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with the Classic BBQ Chicken recipe