During the first week of fall we have a seasonal recipe to share with you: Pumpkin Bran Muffins! This warming, fall recipe was created by Bob using the B.O.B.S. Pumpkin Spice. These bran muffins are great as a breakfast or snack component and can also be stored in the freezer. Stay tuned as we continue to share recipes and meal ideas with the new, seasonal Turkey Blend and Pumpkin Spice.
Click here for a PDF version of the recipe!
PUMPKIN BRAN MUFFINS
1 cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup wheat bran
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp B.O.B.S. Pumpkin Spice
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
2/3 cup buttermilk (or 2 tsp vinegar + milk)
¼ cup canola oil
1 tbsp molasses
¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly grease or place muffin liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large sized bowl, whisk together the flour, bran, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, B.O.B.S. Pumpkin Spice, and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, buttermilk, canola oil, and molasses.
- Using a spatula, gently stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Mix just until combined and then fold in the raisins.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack.
- To prevent the muffins from sticking to the muffin liners, spray them gently with cooking spray.
- Make sure to use canned pumpkin puree, not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Freeze extra muffins for a quick and delicious snack.
We hope you enjoy this muffin recipe! It's a quick and easy recipe great for family gatherings or just your weekly muffin recipe.
If you missed our last blog post, it featured Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing and gravy recipes. Check it out here!
From our kitchen to yours,